Monday, December 13, 2004

The Case of a Cozy Christmas

Well, that weekend went by in a flash. Tim's computer's down, and so I don't have new photos of crochet goodness to show (my computer doesn't have the camera software installed on it). He's working on it though, so soon. I have been a busy elf lately!

Here are a couple clickable pictures of our Christmas tree this year. Usually I like to decorate like crazy for Christmas--I have tons of music boxes, homemade decorations, special ornaments, and ceramic heirlooms that I like to get out and display--but that didn't happen this year. This year, I got out the tree, lights, box of glass ball decorations, tinsel, advent calendar, stockings, books, and wreath. That's it. Whatever didn't get put up in the two hours I had slotted for "decorating" got put back in the closet til next year. I couldn't deal with the fighting, whining, crying over whose turn it is to see a certain music box, and the begging to have them all wound up at the same time (or for the 88th time). I have lots of other ways to instill the virtues of patience and sharing in my kids, and adding alot of stressful objects to the list wasn't making me feel too festive. Here's our tree this year, still pretty, though it looks a little bare to me:



In the first picture, you can see the "tree" that my dad made to hold our stockings (since we have neither mantle nor staircase to hang them on), as well as two of the three stockings I made, and the fancy one with my name that my grandmother knit for me. I will take some closeup shots of these to show them off better.

And here is our new entertainment center (with our crappy second best TV)! Our main TV is larger, but is at the repair shop. Still haven't heard if it's fixable yet.... Anyways, we love this new piece of furniture, and it didn't take long at all to fill up.


Good luck to everyone working on holiday gifts--as am I!

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna Hulka said...

Thanks for sharing photos of your tree, Michelle! Looks cozy! :-)

12/13/04, 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home