Thursday, May 19, 2005

Good News!!

I have an interview scheduled for that job that I applied for last week!!! Happy dance! But, of course, I am terrified--not so much about the interview itself (although it is with the entire Library Board at once), but about the prospect of change. Change is not one of my better things, lol. But, as my husband would say, I am getting ahead of myself. Baby steps.

Baby steps I am taking:

--Internet searching for sample library director interview questions
--Spending time formulating answers to the questions
--Looking up topics I am not as familiar with in preparation and to refresh my memory
--Shop for some sort of suit to wear to the interview (my current job allows me to wear jeans. The only time in recent memory I have worn anything but jeans or shorts, Holly told me my pants were broken, LOL!)

Please, if you can, send good vibes and thoughts my way. I am really scared of (here I go getting ahead of myself again, but I want to say it anyway) getting the job and then getting in there and not knowing ANYTHING. The learning curve time period is the WORST to me.

I want to give props to my kids now, for various things (do I sound like Randy on American Idol?):

To Emma--for finishing her 20 *different genre* book reports and 20 projects for this school year (a bit much for 5th grade, I think, but she did it!); also for doing almost all the work on her own for her social studies 15 page state report (80 note cards!) and visual display. She had minimal help from us, and she got a B- on her oral presentation/poster. She'll get an A on the paper, I think. I saw some of the other kids' projects, and there's no way they did their's on their own.

To Holly--for being little miss independent. When she wants something she [usually] gets it or does it all on her own. And often in her own way. She is very creative in her use of objects for play.

To Ryan--for doing such a great job lately of using his words to express how he is feeling and what he wants. He's such a good little boy, at 2 y.o.

************

Crochet--I received my scarves from Kris, my Crochetville Summer Scarf Swap partner. Man, she went all out, and I love the three scarves she sent to me. I can't wait to photograph them and post the pix for all of you to see.

Gotta split now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you good vibes and thoughts!!!

5/19/05, 7:11 PM  
Blogger Jewels said...

with the baby steps interview prep you are doing you'll do an awesome job in your interview! :)

5/20/05, 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home