Monday, May 09, 2005

Media Monday

Ok, ok, I am a day late already. It's because of work again; I'm swamped still.

I want to bring you some more of my favorite stuff today. Tomorrow I plan to be back with some crochet pictures (for WIP Wednesday).

Reading:
If you have kids, you simply must read the Junie B. Jones series. It doesn't matter whether you have a boy or a girl, these books will have your whole family rolling on the floor laughing. Junie's language, mannerisms, and actions are captured PERFECTLY by Barbara Park. Heck, read 'em even if you don't have kids. They are "early readers," which means the read-alone level is grades 1-3, but I think they truly need to be read aloud. The perfect family read aloud books. There are about 20 of them in the series, and all are about 90-100 pages long. They go quick.


When you're all done reading the Junie books, it's time to move onto some intermediate level books. Read all the books by Beverly Cleary, but especially the Ramona ones. Hard to believe these books aren't more dated, but they aren't. I LOVE them.


Tubing:
See, I know Tim and I were meant to be together because we both posted on the same topic without knowing the other one did so. Cool, huh? (And I can see some of you rolling your eyes now....). Well, I almost posted on it, but instead just saved it as a draft becuase I didn't have time to do linkage. Now, I won't bother to tell you about Monarch of the Glen, a great series on PBS, I will just direct you to Tim's posting about it.


Crafty Goodness:
Why haven't I visted Craftster more regularly? It's a really cool site, and I'm gonna be making some of these cell phone pouches this weekend. Go there!


All righty, that's it for this, *ahem*, Monday, see you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home