Friday, April 01, 2005

Fridays Are For Families

I know you've heard this before, but I'm gonna post more regulary now. I've made a schedule for myself, which hopefully will organize me enough to get on here.... I'm not gonna tell you my schedule, though, so you can't tell if I'm meeting my goal or not. I don't need pressure! I am a rabid list-maker, planner, scheduler, and I love to try to organize my (ok, and others') life by making lists. I can't help it....

Today is Family Friday, and my plan is to focus on posting kid pictures, what we're all doing, funny (or not) stories that happened the past week.

Unfortunately, many of our Easter day pictures are still on the camera card, so I only have a couple things to show you today.

Here is the kids' Easter Eve preparations:
First, "Bunny Ears" to eat for snack (kinda gross, but they loved 'em, lol!). Graham crackers with white and pink frosting blobbed on them:


Next, Easter baskets (bags) that Emma, Holly, and Ryan made. We are starting a tradition where they make their basket/bag, and leave it for the bunny to fill with goodies. Emma, 11, then wrote a note to leave along with a snack (carrots, apple slice, fig newton) she prepared for him. The note says, "Here's a snack for all your hopping. Please hide some eggs for us to find, and fill our bags with candy. Thank you, love, Emma, Holly, and Ryan." Then the bunny came during the night, hid 24 eggs and ate the snack. He left a thank you note to the kids. ;o)



A week ago we had about 4 inches of "heart attack" snow--heavy, wet, yuck. BUT it makes for great packing. I made these mini-snowmen, all under 10 inches tall. From left to right, they are Holly, Emma, Tim, me, Ryan.




The snow melted by the weekend, but we're now we have a winter storm watch in place for tomorrow. When will it be over?!

-----------

I want to introduce you to a new member of our family:


We've named him Gilbert, and he sits on our front steps until the kids go outside to play. Then he sits at the end of the driveway and hopefully alerts the jackass, too fast drivers that come down our street to slow down. This photo is from the step 2 website (click the picture of Gilbert), we have not got such a lush lawn, lol! I got him at Toys "R" Us for $20 (we had gift card leftovers).

-----------

Do any of my readers have experience with EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)? I would like to hear from supportive users of this technique. I am trying it to help with my OCD and anxiety.... I think I am seeing improvements, but am not sure if I am seeing placebo effects or the real thing. So far though, it is the only thing that has helped my with OCD tendencies (I still have loads of them, and am already on Prozac....).

Phew! Well, that is enough from me now, don't ya think?! I am going to try to post on Monday next....see you then!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle Wash said...

Love the bags, love the snowmen! Very cute, but can they play fetch like Charlie can??? Huh?? can they?

4/2/05, 4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home