Friday, March 11, 2005

The Only Therapy I Can Do Right Now

As seems to be the norm for bloggers around their one year mark, I am going thru a phase of, "Why am I doing this blog?" I am generally a private person, and would be mortified if some of my "inner circle" (in the Michelle-centric universe, lol) read it. But, then I thought two things: maybe it can be a way for me to start to "open up" to closer family and friends, and also, it's kind of like therapy, but for free. I think keeping the blog is a good thing, and I will continue with it.

Sometimes it is hard, though, to go to blogs of people I read regularly and see that they don't or no longer read mine. Why? Not enough of the content they want? Did I piss them off? Wrong politics? Try as I might, it still stings some, even though in all likelihood it's not anything personal. There's no way I can write about crochet exclusively here, as I don't get that much time to either crochet or write. What I write is done at work ;o) and I don't have access to my crochet stuff.

I am also dealing with something that I hesitate to bring up here for fear of losing more readers or angering them. I am ****SO*** jealous of the stay-at-home moms/wives that get to crochet and parent and work in their homes all day. The topic upsets me inside. Please don't delete me from your bloglines just because I said this. It is nothing personal to any of you--in fact, I truly consider you closer friends than most of my coworkers. I am just very jealous of your positions, I'm sorry. Sigh.

Well, for now I leave you with a quote I ran across this morning. It immediately made me think of cookies, my personal drug of choice:

"I just need enough to tide me over until I need more." --Bill Hoest

p.s., It is cracking me up how yarn manufacturers are scrambling to make poncho patterns like Martha's "coming home from the slammer" number. If she jumped off a bridge, would people do that too?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the same people are probably still reading your blog. They just don't comment. That is my two cents. :-)

3/11/05, 9:56 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I still read your blog and will continue. Write on! :)

3/12/05, 2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I will still read your blog... the first time I read it was with your Christmas wish list... and I sent you the 2 Opal yarns. And I'm a knitter. I always look everyday to see if you've posted something new. It's part of my morning routine at work. JC in NC

3/12/05, 7:26 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

OMG, why would anyone stop reading because you have an opinion. I'm one of those stay at home moms and I think I'm lucky to be able to. I also sometimes envy the mom's who work cause you get a break....there's no right answer!

Glad you liked the postcard. First time I read your blog, now I'm subscribing!!

3/15/05, 10:34 AM  
Blogger AngelSan said...

I'm a new reader, and honnestly, anybody who stops reading a blog because of an opinion they don't share aren't worth writing for.

I personally prefer to read people with different lives and opinions than my own, it's more interesting. Otherwise I'd just read myself ;)

I too feel jaleous of stay at home moms sometimes, but I wonder if I would still have time to crochet if I had to take care of kids?

3/16/05, 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home