Monday, March 07, 2005

Phew!

What a weekend it was. Full of birthdays (Tim's and Emma's) and visitors (Tim's mom). And potty training.

I'll start at the beginning. Friday, Tim's mom arrived for a visit from Poughkeepsie, Tim's hometown. She stays with us on the living room couch. Of course Tim had to work Friday night, which left me and Emma, Holly, and Ryan to bond with her. We watched a tape of Supernanny (another fantastic parenting show), and there's a book out by the woman too. Tim's birthday was this day, too, but we didn't really celebrate it til Sunday, family party night.

Saturday was Emma's birthday. I cannot believe I am old enough to have an ELEVEN year old daughter. It seems like just yesterday that I was smacked out at the hospital after 20+ hours of labor with her. At hour 19 they decided to do a c-section so she could make her entrance in the world. (At that point, I was really up for ANY way to get her out--"Pull her through my eyeball? Sure, that'll be fine....") I digress.

For Emma's party (because without a party she'd simply die from lack of attention--NOT), her dad and I took her and three of her friends out to Pizza Hut and then to a movie,Because of Winn-Dixie. We had a great time, and the movie is excellent. Read the book with, then go see it. It is, caveat, a slower paced movie with alot of depth to it. Deep for a 11 year old, it discusses how life is a mixture of the sweet and the sad, and that sometimes people have troubles and difficulties. It's very real.

Sunday was "family party" day. Tim's mom left to drive back home around noon. Then my parents, Rick (Emma's dad), and me, Tim, Holly, Ryan, and Emma had ice cream cake, and Tim and Emma opened presents. There were alot of those squooshy pillows for Emma, and candles and gift certificates for Tim.

In the midst of all these happenings, wouldn't you know it, but Holly decides to use undies and the potty. We've been trying various things/methods for the past year (plus), but Saturday she decides she wants to wear undies instead of diapers. Sunday she peed in the potty 3 times, and had 1 accident. Today she's had 3 accidents and has gone once in the potty. We are bribing her with chocolate, and the spectacle of Tim and I performing a kickline singing, "You went peepee in the potty! Peepee in the potty!" It seems to be working!

I am still hanging in there with the French "diet." I have been struggling with not snacking, but have (I think) managed to cut down some portion sizes, eat in mini-courses (sometimes), and decreased the amount of artificial foods I eat. I can't seem to totally kick my cookie habit, and I don't think I'll ever be able to stop drinking diet soda, but I have upped my water intake and *sniff* decreased my cookie intake. I lost 2 pounds very quickly, about a month ago, but nothing since then. I just have to keep at it and not give up.

More updates later, crochet pictures included....

1 Comments:

Blogger noricum said...

On decreased cookie intake... I found keeping my cookies in the freezer helps. Especially if they're in a hard-to-open-when-frozen tupperware container. They still taste just as good frozen, but somehow I'm better able to resist frozen treats. Good luck!

3/7/05, 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home