Monday, February 07, 2005

The Mystery of the Full Fat Diet

Food? Well, so far I am loving the French way of eating. And I am afraid to type it, but I think it's working for me. ! I have eaten fresh bread with butter for breakfast today; pasta with olive oil, garbanzo beans, and garlic for lunch, followed by some homemade backlava from a co-worker; and plan to have turkey with eggplant, pepper, and garlic, drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice for dinner. Followed by a square of chocolate. Eating these things has not left me grazing all day long, or in the evening, so I feel like I did "good" but I don't feel deprived. Weird.

I am adjusting to being forced to cook more, though, and that is the only part I am not happy with. It's such a pain chopping veggies. But, the food is better.

Crochet? Let me see. I have gotten my 63/2 afghan done. And I made a softee sock yarn (blue/purple Opal from a holiday elf) shawl. And I made a 12" February square. Plus, I could swear I did more, but I can't think of what it is.... ???

Life? My husband and I are starting to plan our 4th Annual St. Patrick's Day Party, where we have about 10 friends over and everyone has to wear green and bring green food to share. This year (as last year) we have to have it at a restaurant, though, because of the little ones. They are still pretty shy around "strangers," and it could end up being a late night. Any ideas of what I can make/craft for party favors this year? Doesn't need to be crochet, just a momento of the evening.... Drop me a comment!

Bye, for now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

Have you been to frenchfood.about.com? Great recipes! :)

I've tagged you with a meme. :) You can find the questions on my blog.

2/9/05, 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home