Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Rebound Effect

I am such a spaz. I am currently suffering an anxiety attack related to the new method of eating I am doing (see yesterday's post). I have not needed to snack between meals, virtually at all, however I am freaking out about having eaten real (*gasp*) butter, non-skim milk, and sauce made with (*double gasp*) real cream. I have also eaten a piece of cherry pie, and some small bits of chocolate. Happily, I have eaten less than I normally would have in the past. These foods do fill me up faster. I am simply struggling with the American Taboo Of Eating Real Food, not low-fat processed stuff. In my head I can see and hear alllll the years and years of health/diet/nutrition studies and their mandates about low fat, low carb, and on and on. Make it stop.

Anyone else that is reading Fat Fallacy and/or French Women Don't Get Fat having these same anxieties? We need to make a support group. The "French Food Fanatics," lol. I'm only partly kidding. I want a button with the Eiffel Tower and a croissant on it, LOL!

Ok. I have done 10 deep breaths, and am not shallow breathing right now. So, I will now show you my submissions that were accepted for the Crochet Pattern-A-Day Calendar:

Breakfast Coasters










Wine Bottle Cover





I had one more, a "mini sweater," that I thought was cute, but it did not get chosen for the calendar. Here is the picture anyways:



I'm psyched!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

I had a mini-anxiety attack yesterday when I ate a croissant made with real butter. I swear I felt my arteries clogging up. BUT, one small croissant with some juice was plenty for breakfast and I was satisfied until lunch. We might need to start up a Yahoo group! :)

I love your breakfast coasters! My girls would have so much fun deciding between egg and toast! :)

2/2/05, 5:23 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

Congratulations on being published. Those are sooo cute!!!! I want the wine bottle holder pattern. Guess I'll have to buy the calendar :)

2/2/05, 5:42 PM  
Blogger Kyle Wash said...

But doesnt the food taste so much better???

2/2/05, 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home