Saturday, December 25, 2004

Happy Holidays!

Happy holidays, readers! I hope you and your family/friends enjoyed yourselves today as much as mine did. Whew, it was a little too hectic for me, but it was awesome to see the everybody happy and healthy, as well as [hopefully] please them all with some gifts.

Our day went like this: Holly and Ryan woke up around 6:30/7 am, and they played in their beds for a half our or so, and then we started opening presents around 8. Emma was at her dad's house, as his parents are visiting from Texas, so they naturally wanted to have her there for Christmas morning. Holly and Ryan had a blast opening their stockings, and Tim and I opened ours and our gifts to each other. I will share those with you when I've got pictures ready.

Around noon, Emma and her dad (Rick) came over with more presents. Rick left and Emma watched her new DVD of Hillary Duff's Cinderella Story, the babies and I napped, and Tim played on the computer.

When the babies awoke, we all went over to my parent's house for dinner and still more gifts. Rick and his parents also met us over there. Everyone had a wonderful time, though it took the babies a little time to warm up to Rick's mom and dad, and it was a lot of people in my parents' small house.

I am very lucky that when Rick and I separated after 10 years, he and I (as well as both our families) were wise enough to realize that we should be friends still, for all of our sakes. I also give much credit to Tim, my loving husband, who also sees things as I do, and is open and friendly to Rick and his family too. It makes for a much easier time when it comes to celebrations and holidays. It may seem odd to people that we celebrate occasions with ex-es and their families, but so far we are able to manage it, and Emma truly benefits from it. Holly and Ryan adore Rick, too, and he feels the same towards them. Our motto has become "the more the merrier!"

Stay tuned for some holiday pictures (I left the camera at my parent's house)....
_____________________

Mememememe!

1) Do you use fabric softener or softener sheets?
Softener sheets--doesn't the liquid just rinse away??
2) Do you dry clean clothes on a regular basis?
Does annually count as "regular"? I don't have much dry cleaning, since I can wear jeans to work (thank GOD)
3) Do you do laundry as it piles up or do you wait until you are out of clean clothes?
I try to do a load per day. I don't mind laundry so much.
4) Do you use a clean towel every day for your shower or use the same one throughout the week?
Same towel for a few days. You just showered--you're CLEAN.
5) Who does the laundry in your household?
Everyone who can reach the knobs on the washer and dryer. There's instructions posted next to the machines in case anyone [Emma] needs them. The babies help put stuff in the dryer. Ü





1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle Wash said...

So hyethetically speaking, I can drop off my laundryand you and the kids will do it for me? Do you fold well? I'll be over in a couple days, I'm almost out of clean clothes :)

12/27/04, 12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home