Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The Mystery Gift Mystery

I will start by stating that I had an awesome post written--loaded with linkage and photos--and then the damn pc locked up on me and I lost it all. So pardon my clipped tone and lack of description; I am not one for doing things over.

Anywhoo--

Here's Tim's Christmas present--a superlong (10 feet) Dr. Who scarf!

I am so proud of this scarf. I was inpired by some knitting patterns I found and altered them to crochet. Check out this.

And now for photos from some awesome elves--Crochetville and Crochet Sleuth readers. I love everything that was sent to me, and hope everyone had a happy holiday season!

book thong in a new Wiggles book, photo entitled "wigglethong"


Mary Englebreit (I ♥ her art) notepad


Opal sock yarn


Even more Opal sock yarn

Lori, I have been unable to restrain myself and have completed one crochet sock already with the yarn you sent--it looks awesome--self striping and all--I will post the pair when I finish #2!

What the he** happened to Photobucket's nifty thumbnail code generator??

Next time I post, I will put up some non-crochet Christmas gift pictures, as all of us are so pleased with all of our gifts. We feel truly blessed.
*************
Ahem, Mememememe!
If you had to choose between the services of a cook, maid, chauffer, or masseuse — absolutely free, but only for a year — which one would it be? Why?

Well, this one isn't so hard for me! A cook, hand's down, wins my vote. Why? Because I hate hate hate cooking. It seems like such a waste of time to me, when I can just buy a bag of animal crackers and eat them til I'm full. Maid--nah, I kinda like to clean (yeah, I know, weird). Chauffer--I'd rather have the cook, but this would be my second choice, because then I could crochet on my way to places. Massuese[r]--nah, that's what husbands are for, lol!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's there you have to click the "Generate HTML and IMG code" on the bottom right side of your Photobucket album.

I sooooooooooooooooooo love the Dr Who scarf!!!!!!!!!!!

12/29/04, 1:48 PM  
Blogger Donna Hulka said...

Ooooh, love the Dr. Who scarf!! I crocheted one years and years ago, but I did it in shades of brown -- what did I know?? Our TV didn't receive PBS very well. *sigh* LOL I should dig it out and take a pic. :-P

12/29/04, 2:17 PM  
Blogger Kyle Wash said...

Wigglethong... hehehe thats funny. I'm worried about your animal cracker addiction. You should look into some real food. Just a suggestion.

It was nice seeing you and Tim last night, doent happen very often enough. Maybe next time we can ditch Willy, or at least unti the end of the night when he picks up the tab :)

12/30/04, 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm crocheting a Doctor Who scarf for my husband, too... he specifically requested this one:
http://www.angelfire.com/ia/UNIT/1980scarf.html

The original was a foot wide and 24 feet long... I think I'll only make it to 9 feet (LOL).

1/5/05, 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home