Monday, April 04, 2005

Media Mondays

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This is a book that I'm reading now, along with my husband.  We are putting into practice almost every single bit of parenting advice written here, and watching the show every Monday night.  It is fantastic--sensible, direct, and moderately easy to put into practice.  The main ideas are simple, but it's amazing how many people don't follow them at all:


  • have a routine, and stick to it

  • make sure bad behavior has consequences

  • don't give in to whining


If these are followed, not only will your kids be better behaved, but they will sleep better, probably do better in school, and they will be able to develop better bonds with others.  It used to make me scream inside, when I worked at Borders, to have parents shopping at midnight come up to the information desk WITH THEIR BADLY BEHAVING CHILDREN IN TOW and demand books on how to make their kids sleep better.  DUH. PUT THEM TO BED AT A KID BEDTIME, MORON. I really wish I had said that to one of them before I quit.  *sigh*

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

UGH! i HATE that!! i grocery shop late at night AFTER my kids are in bed --- i hate seeing these poor babes whining and fussing and their parents cussing and yelling and dragging the kids along --- sometime, someday, i'm gonna say something. i've never seen the show.... i'll record it next week :) thanks for the info on the show and book

4/5/05, 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home